Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cooking: Peking Duck

My family doesn't really celebrate Chinese New Year so for CNY eve this time round I decided to make some Peking Duck. Yes how very untraditional and what not but who cares. I didn't bother roasting my own duck, I just bought a roast duck from the Chinese BBQ shop for about $25. Remember to buy it whole/unchopped. Came home and made some pancakes accordning to Poh's recipe http://www.abc.net.au/tv/pohskitchen/stories/s2964593.htm. Sliced off all the duck skin with the meat and wrapped it up. I made double of Poh's recipe for pancakes and it was enough for 4 people. 7 pancakes each.
Completely stuffed in the end. Absolutely delicious =]

Sliced up duck


Peking Duck Pancakes


Condiments
Don't forget the cucumber, spring onion and hoisin sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment