Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Songs of Sapa

I finally got my hands on a copy of it!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like a kid who got what they wanted for Christmas
Except it's from the library....
But it's better than nothing.
Now I have Kylie Kwong's My China and Luke Nguyen's The Songs of Sapa to read.
Been wanting to read it ever since I found out about the books existence.
Except it was already too late since Luke Nguyen was already famous and there were infinite numbers of reserves for the book and I'm too stingy to pay the fee for reservation so I waited and waited.
And now I can read it =]
Pauline Nguyen's Secrets of Red Lantern is my ultimate favourite cookbook.
Not only for the recipes but for the story, the writing.
One thing that I have noticed is that both Pauline and Luke have a non asian partner...interesting considering their incredibly strict asian parents (asian parents worst nightmare...). I wonder about Leroy and the other brother which who's name has escaped my mind.
Anyways, off to read =]

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We received a request from you to claim the blog Memories of a Teenage Foodie in Melbourne. I was unable to find an email address on the blog to contact to verify your claim. In order for me to approve the claim, could you please do one of the following:

    1) Post an email address on your blog somewhere that I can contact, or
    2) Create a blog post including the text "Urbanspoon rocks".

    Once I've confirmed you, feel free to remove the email address or post. In either case, let me know so I can confirm your claim.

    Please note that this is the second attempt we have made to verify this claim. Unless we receive a reply within the next seven days the claim will be canceled.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    greg @ urbanspoon dot com

    ReplyDelete