Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cooking: Flounder in Spicy Salt

I'm trying to recreate the classic Chinese restaurant dish, Deep Fried Flounder in Spicy Salt, minus the deep frying part. It's a great way to get kids to eat fish. It's salty and slightly spicy, very addictive. Especially love the roe part hidden inside the fish. My first attempt yesterday wasn't as great as I hoped, it wasn't salty or spicy. I better actually find a recipe for it.
What do you do when a dish turns out worse than expected? Take the DSLR out =D

I pan fried the fish in a lot of oil
Then took it out
And stir fried some onions, garlic and capsicum
Then poured that on top of the fish
Where did I go wrong?
Please help =]

1 comment:

  1. That sounds about right, my mum does the same except with the addition of chillies and seafood soy?

    Anyway sweet blog, wish I had more will power to hold back the eating so i could take pictures and call myself a foodie haha

    XXASAB

    ReplyDelete