Sunday, November 21, 2010

Eating Out: Berth Restaurant and Bar [45 New Quay Prom Docklands, 3008]

Came here for a friend's party. It's a nice place by the sea/dock.
 Spaghetti Marinara $22
I was glad to see proper seafood and not that frozen marinara mix. I think the three prawns were the best as they were massive and full of flavour. The fish chunks were a little fishy and the some of the salmon was raw in the middle. The mussels were undercooked I think as it was quite slimy and raw/fishy. The pasta al dente but unfortunately drowned in oil. The garlic was there and not overpowering which was nice but the best part of the dish was it was served piping hot. The pasta almost burnt my mouth.
Fish and Chips $20
 Steak Sandwich $16 + $3 for chips
Chicken Parma $19

Food: 8/10 Fresher ingredients would have helped but no complaints either. Presentation could be improved if you want to be nit picky. 
Service/Environment: 9/10 Great service. Our 20 meals came out quick and relatively together. Overlooking the water.
Value: 8/10 Reasonably priced for some decent food.

Verdict? I guess I would come back but the entire broadwalk is lined with restaurants. I wouldn't mind trying a few others as well.
Berth Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment