Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cooking: Creme Brulee

Finally got round to playing with my birthday pressie, BLOWTORCH. I'm not a pyromaniac. I used the recipe by George Calombaris on the Masterchef website. Except I accidentally  cooked them at 170 degrees for 3/4 of the cooking time instead of 120 or whatever the temperature was supposed to be, luckily the eggs didn't separate.
Found that raw sugar made the best crust but you do need quite a bit of sugar to make a decent crust. Not too hard to make and pretty cheap, under $1 a serve.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had a proper blowtorch =( We have a small one but I tried it once and it burnt the sugar rather than caramelising it....which was really weird =S I haven't touched it again. This looks really smooth and yummy!! I've never actually had creme brulee before....

    ReplyDelete