Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cooking: Creme Brulee

I was watching masterchef masterclass last night with a tummy full of lamb. The last dish they taught was creme brulee. I've never made this before and I don't think I've ever tasted it either (not a proper one anyways). Decided to make half portions right after watching it.

Masterchef Creme Brulee recipe

Encountered a few problems. They did not set particularly well because the egg yolks I used were TINY. I baked them for about 40 mins. Also I don't have a blow torch meaning I had to use the grill which is a perfectlygood substitute except that my creme brulee only went about 1-2 cm up the ramekin leaving about 5cm between the grill and the actual creme brulee. Turned out very very yummy.

Maybe I should make a pavlova with all that egg white leftover.

2 comments:

  1. i tried this recipe as well, still playing around with it. The biggest problem i'm having is getting it to set. there are many recipes online that have cooking time to up to an hour... it needs to be the consistency of jelo 'apparently'... just my 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete